Tuesday 14 August 2012

Sunday shopping

Grocery shopping a la Asian style; pack as much as possible onto the bike without falling off..
Last Sunday we went to Bangsar Village and this time (to my big surprise!) I remembered to bring my very pink big recycling shopping bag. You see.., the packing of your groceries here is a bit different from what I am used to back home. Here the cashier lady will do it for you and she will separate all the things depending on the type of product, soft things in one plastic bag, cold things in another and so on.. Rather convenient if it wasn't for the complete unnecessary waste of plastic bags!!... When doing light shopping I will have 4 plastic bags with me home even if I just got some breakfast stuff! This usually end up me having to hold several plastic bags on each side of the bike balancing the weight not to fall off.., resulting in us looking like a crazy shopping Christmas tree.. Anyways, the Sunday shopping this time went more smoothly than normal even though my bag is more over loaded and heavy than it looks like..


 

No comments:

Post a Comment