Tuesday 6 March 2012

The dirtier the place, the tastier the food

Saturday night Ms Lina took me and our two neighbours for Chinese food at SS2 which is an area not far from Bangsar south, where I, for those who do not know live. Here they have a lively Chinese food court by locals called Wai Sek Gai. After parking the car and walking the 50 meters towards the stalls we managed to pass a mountain of smelling garbage and a dead rat on the side of the road. Lina has taken me to this place before in my earlier days in KL so thanks to that I was still sure I was going to have a nice meal. However, our two friends joining us didn't seem all that convinced (I don't blame them..) Lina and myself laughed it over and said "the dirtier the place, the tastier the food" which I have found to be so true. From my experience traveling in China and South East Asia you cannot find as good and tasty food as in the street stalls and in the whole in the wall kind of restaurants. You pay absolutely nothing and yet you get dishes delicious enough for a Michelin star. Maybe I am exaggerating a little bit here but considering what you get for the money I will continue finding my way in KL's dirty allies searching for food and I will be happy to share it with you.

We ended up having a really nice dinner with Japanese tofu, dried chili chicken, baby kai lan with butter and spicy sambal prawns.. yum yum..





No comments:

Post a Comment