Wednesday 5 September 2012

Ugly fish

Last weekend we went to Perhentian Islands, north east cost of Malaysia. To my surprise friends from Sweden, Micke and Linus decided to join as well. They have been traveling for a few weeks around Indonesia and I was very happy to meet them in Perhentian before they went back to Sweden. We enjoyed some lazy hours on the beach, a crazy pre-monsoon thunderstorm and the guys went for diving while me (chicken as I am) only did some snorkeling. I was swimming alone while the rest of the diving group was about 14 meters somewhere under me.. Peacefully I was swimming looking at the small fishes and the corals when I pumped into 8 terrifying ugly huge fishes.. They are called Parrot fish and this kind can be up to 120 cm. Thankfully they were friendly and were more interested in eating from the seabed than off me.. Next time I am planning to get over my "chicken" behavior and try to dive again. Might get a chance in Tioman in 2 weeks time. Maybe if I see more of these crazy looking fishes I will be more afraid of them than my diving equipment.. and I will actually manage to get an open water license. 



No comments:

Post a Comment